Thursday, June 11, 2009

My Love to You All

I came to say I have made it to Thursday. I wanted to come and say to you all; thank you for all your prayers and sweet thoughts. I have found it hard to read them without crying for it is a wonderful thing when strangers will stop to take time to say a kind word to someone they have never met. Yet here I guess we are not really strangers are we?

Here we share our happiness and our sorrow knowing others will help us along. Kindnesses extended to a fellow blogger or non-blogger; things that we may not be safe to do in our daily lives because of the way the world is today. I am alone at home, yet when I turn on this magic box I can instantly be transported to any place in the world I choose. I have friends I have never met, yet they give me something I have not ever had; support and belonging. I try to return that kindness.

In our little blogging world live people with such big hearts. They are always willing to extend a hand without even thinking of any reward. They are selfless and have a spirit that I wish to cultivate. Women of strength and valor,honor.

You all have left me in tears reading your comments; tears of joy that for the first time I belong to a community of support. I have gone through much sadness in my life alone. My husband is a man and men grieve on the run I think; they are often taught that grief is not a manly thing and so many are not brought up to know how to handle emotions, especially grief. He does the best he can, but he goes off to work and I am left here to walk through a loud silence. I didn't know how much Niles contributed to my life and the laughter here, and the love. The house is so quiet now and sad.I am mostly alone during the day until I come here.
I came here in pain on Saturday. I don't know why, but I needed something outside my home. I have come here in happy times; to share our life with you. Our love for these furkids and my quest to be the Queen of Country Sampler.
I have come here to learn from you; to see your life and its rewards as well as your struggles. There is no judgement here; there is only unending support. You laugh and cry with me; you offer encouragement and prayers. You bring me laughter and hope. You lift me up when I cannot walk. You give me courage and drive with the words you leave on your blogs. You have made me want to live a better life; to be a better wife; a better mom. I wish I had you all years ago when I struggled with life. I have had pain in my past that I can't seem to put to rest; if I had a place such as this then, maybe things would be different. But I am glad I have you now.
When we make these blogs, they are for us initially. But they have become so much more than just a frivolous waste of time; they have become a support system, an educational endeavor; who hasn't learned something here? I learned about making hummingbird cakes ( to eat) from Susan; pantry cakes from Jenn( to show in a bowl); I learned about ole Mr Snakie from Shanda (among other things); from so many I learned hope; my first swap PIF from my bully buddy Jane; she has also taught me a lot more! Cynthia Lee taught me about graciousness I will never forget the PIF gifts she sent me. Shari taught me some business; Char taught me all kinds of good things from Mason jar goodies to woodworking. Jill taught me about Kentucky and her wonderful life; Leslie reminded me about being a young mother; and I wish I were as good at it when I was her age; I wasn't! She has a wonderful life. And talent. So many young moms who are rich in the right way; they may not have money but they are building our future and we all will be the richer for it; moms like RuthAnn of WarmPie,HappyHome; wow I wish I could be as good as her at everything. Tammy my lil country girl; who has a sweet girl of her own whose very name, Joy, gives me a thought of just that:Joy. Michele another country gal who has it all together and keeps us on our toes:) This is just a small bit; there are those I have met in lands faraway; Australia;England,Scotland(hello Diane; still love that lil dress!) and closer; Canada; Sandy who sent me peppermints( and other goodies!) from Canada!
Another great friend; closer to home; Dawn at Holly Hills who is more than a shopkeeper! She is a great friend and a talent. Kim my bully buddy here in MI; who is funny and a great mom to her kids! Lori at PrimitiveHouse who is a gem;I know I am forgetting some folks; oops ;Meg my margarita bud and TrainWreck who made me a beautiful necklace and who has a hot cowboy for a DH! CindyDianne; I am so coming to Texas one day I swear! Her husband's blog cracks me up as well! Lisa has shown me courage in taking control of our bodies, there are so many of you all. I have learned and have been touched by every one of you all. These blogs may not look like much to the general public, but they are important. You never know who is reading them. You can be that inspiration to someone looking for guidance. Sometimes we just need to know someone is listening.
Thank you for sharing your world with me. Also, to PrimAngel; thank you for your comment; it was so heartfelt; I wish to convey my thanks to you, but was unable to do so on your blog; if you email me at wheretheblackbirdssing@gmail.com I would love to say thank you again.
I am so amazed at all of you; you offer love and care to everyone; I am so wishing to send some your way; from all of us here; we send bully love and kisses to you all; our blessings from our hearts to you. Thank you my friends. and to the new friends and the ones I have yet to meet; bully love and kisses to you as well. If I did not mention you it is probably because I am having stupid mad cow memory issues AKA probable menopause! I still prefer mad cow thank you very much. (If you are on my blog list you know you are loved; I am too lazy to type that much without some kind of attachment!LOL)

23 comments:

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Awww, I love ya girlie and think about you ALL daily!

Kim's Treasures said...

We will have to get the dogs together when you're feeling up to it! Big hugs!!!

Kim

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

What a beautiful post and so true, I get something from every blog I read, there is a friendship there that people who do not blog do not understand. there is kindness, caring, good thoughts, asks for help, prayers for someone, information, guidance, help, tears, laughter, It is a place where a group of people who never could have met have formed a bond, a bond of true friendship, and that is what we get from you, the wonderful ability to get to call you friend!

Susan said...

Hi, I found you on Peanut's comments (Country Folk Keepsakes) and just wanted to offer my condolences for your loss of Niles. I know how hard it is to lose a fur baby when they are ill and you are trying to prepare for it...but this is just so sad. I pray that each day gets easier for you. Take care, Susan

Lisa Pogue said...

Aw, you wrote such a very sweet post. I have to admit, never in one million years would I have ever, EVER thought that a blog could enrichen my life, let alone a computer. It's kinda like the guys at Cheers. You know the one, where everyone knows your name and everyone is happy to see you. That's exactly how I feel when I visit you and many others. Hang in there sweet sister!!! I luv ya!!!

Anonymous said...

I just love my blog buddies. Isn't it fummy how we all gravitate to the kind of peopel that we are? The women I know are strong, AMERICAN patriots, moms, wives, and just plain good people. I have met so many friends that make my life wonderful. I wish I could be there to give you a big ol' hug. :)

Jill said...

I am so sorry to hear about Niles. I haven't been able to check on everyone's blogs lately........and was so sorry to hear about his passing. I am sure he was happy and led a fulfilled life. I hope in time your loss will be less.
Kissy is doing fine............thank you so much for asking.
May God Bless,
Jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Merrie,
What a wonderful post you wrote. I know when I first started blogging a little over a year ago that I had no idea how many wonderful friendships I would have one year later. The sisterhood of kindred spirits in blogland is amazing!!

I've been thinking about you a lot my friend and hoping that you are doing ok. You are still in my prayers and I hope that each day gets a little easier.
hugs,
Cindy

Susie Q said...

Oh sweet lady. My heart breaks for you. He was a gorgeous boy. I adore bull dogs and he was a gem.
I wish I could take your pain away but it will ease in time. I have been in your position and it is awful...but remember. He was loved and he loved you in return. he had a great life...he was blessed and a blessing in return. None of us can ask for more.

I send love and hugs...
Sue

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

OMG, we are so much alike its sick!
Hubs almost killed me when I turned the heat on the other morning. I said like it or leave it:) If I was going to be stuck inside on a cold rainy day I might as well be warm eh? He wouldnt like me very much if I wasnt allowed to turn it on, I woulda been a bear!!!

I think we need to go out for a birthday drink - cancers RULE!!! :)

Tracey said...

Merrie, I'm so sorry to hear about Niles. I know that even though it was a dog,it can be almost as devistaing as losing a child. My sister in law just lost her beloved cat. She is still mourning. But, you have the hope that Niles is in a better place with all his other little buddies. He isn't in pain or sad or anything. You will get through this and be stronger in the end. My prayers are with you.

Parsley said...

Thanks for your sweet comments about my Henry boy. I can tell you feel like I do...dogs are real gifts and yes, like angels on earth.

More prayers your way about the loss of your baby Niles. I know it still hurts.

Susan @ Blackberry Creek said...

Merrie: I'm afraid I'm late in expressing my sincere sympathy on the loss of your sweet Niles. I'm so sorry to hear of his passing. May sweet memories bring you comfort. --Susan C.

Anonymous said...

Just wondering how you are...and what you are doing. :)

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

Ok, so ..... 5 days away! You BETTER be sippin on some tequila or something for birthday festival week!???? Or at least doing something wild!!

Happy Birthday friend, I hope this is your best yet!!!!!!!!

Sandy said...

I haven't been blogging for quite sometime now, due to other things going on in the family but I read your post before and I am soooo sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved pet - child.

I completely understand how we can love a animal so much like that. I only have one dog, but I call her my baby girl and she knows it. I would have a house full but hubby is not much of animal lover so right now it's the only one. But let me tell you, when I leave the house, hubby tells me that she paces back and forth waiting for me to come back. She is my cuddle bud, we take naps together all the time :))) I don't know what I would do if I lost her. Just a few weeks ago, she hurt herself really bad and it broke my heart so much. I think it has brought us even closer.

Take all the time that you need to heal because to me, they become part of the family...it's another kid! But I do hope that each day will get easier for you.

Take Care, Sandy

Kelee Katillac said...

Hi Merrie!!

Thank-you for sharing your beautiful definition of what dogs mean to us! Just wonderful! Also, thank-you for participating in Design Gives Back at The Katillac Shack! Your fur-kids are such heroes--like their mom. Your blog button award will be to you next week for being a CREATIVE HERO......

love, kelee

JenW!~ said...

Merrie what a wonderful post!. I enjoy reading your blog. Take your time to grieve and get back when you can.
BW a little prim Birdie told me it was your Birthday, Happy B-day.

Anonymous said...

Yes...a little birdie has told us gals in blogland that you are having a birthday. Soooo.....

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday, Dear Merrie
Happy Birthday to You

Been thinking a lot about you and hope that you are doing better. I know all to well that it is not easy as I still miss my little Andy after 4 months.

Take care my friend and have a Happy Birthday.
hugs, Cindy

•♦•©The Olde Weeping Cedar •♦• said...

Happy-Happy Birthday, Merrie!!


-Kath

Yankee Ridge Primitives said...

:)

You deserve many many more crazy girl!!!

I hope you had a great day and hubs spoiled ya!!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I so feel your pain..our loss monday of our dear jackie...well it is unspeakable. We have barely spoken her name because there is too much pain...I can not believe how much I sorrow for her. i feel so sick...I cant remember when she wasnt here and now to see her grave is beyond belief....Dianntha

Susie Q said...

This is such a dear and touching post sweet lady!!
YOU are so special.
Love,
Sue


My Country Baby Murphy